Lesson 9 - January 28, 2018
Focus Text: Isaiah 42:1-12
Central Truth: As servants of God all Christians seek to model their lives after God’s perfect Servant.
Objective: After comparing their lives with the perfect Servant, my students will be prepared to share at least one area of their lives that needs attention if they are to be like the model Servant of Isaiah 42.
- The Character to Which Christians Aspire (Isaiah 42:1-4)
- The Mission Christians Pursue (Isaiah 42:5-9)
- The Song Christians Sing (Isaiah 42:10-12)
Lesson 8 - January 21, 2018
Focus Text: Isaiah 40:12-18, 25-31
Central Truth: The mission of the Church is to know God and to make Him known.
Objective: By the end of this lesson my students will be able to share three facts about God that motivate them to want to make Him known.
- Our God is Wise (Isaiah 40:12-18)
- Our God is Sovereign (Isaiah 40:25-26)
- Our God is Strong (Isaiah 40:27-31)
Lesson 7 - January 14, 2018
Focus Text: Isaiah 37:8-20, 36-38
Central Truth: Praying to God is not an act of desperation, but an expression of deep trust in God.
Objective: By the end of this lesson my students will be able to identify three ways that imitating Hezekiah’s actions in the dark gives us hope in our dark times.
- "When Darkness Surrounds Me" (Isaiah 37:8-13)
- "I Will Trust in God" (Isaiah 37:14-20)
- "And He Will Deliver Me" (Isaiah 37:36-38)
Order your Sunday school literature for the December 2017 - February 2018 quarter now!